Big Wild Campout at Ulster American Folk Park
With less than a month to go until the RSPB’s Big Wild Campout, excitement is building for this unique series of events which will see hundreds of people sleeping under the stars and getting close to nature in very special surroundings.
Big Wild Campout will take place on two nights:
- Friday 8th and Saturday 9th August at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Cultra
- Saturday 23rd August at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh.
Of course, not all of us are naturals when it comes to getting close to nature but, don’t worry, Cotswold Outdoor will be on hand to help you set up home for the night. Teams from Butterfly Conservation Northern Ireland, the Northern Ireland Bat Group, the Irish Astronomical Association and the NI Space Office will also be coming along to join in the fun!
There will be something to keep all the family busy, from nature trails to stargazing and moth trapping, and there’ll even be a film screening if you need some quiet time to relax! This year, the skilled staff at Cotswold will also be leading a number of workshops, including a bush crafts masterclass.
Tickets for these three exciting events are now available, priced at £20 per adult and £15 per child (under 16) per night, which includes a delicious hot breakfast in the morning and half-price entry into the museum.
Last year, the event sold out weeks in advance so be quick and book your spot by the campfire today! Tickets can be purchased online at www.eventbrite.co.uk or call 028 9049 1547 for more information.
Once you’ve got your ticket, get set for your camping trip with a 10 per cent discount at Cotswold Outdoor, Boucher Road and Castle Lane, Belfast.
All proceeds from Big Wild Campout will help to give nature a home here in Northern Ireland. To find out more about our campaign, and get lots of advice on helping birds and wildlife in your patch, visit www.rspb.org.uk/homes.
The Big Wild Campout activities at a glance:
- Guests are asked to pack all their favourite picnic foods (and some snacks in case of midnight munchies)
- Bat detecting
- Moth trapping with Butterfly Conservation Northern Ireland
- Nature trails
- Movie screening
- Songs and stories around the camp fire
- Arts and crafts activities
- Bush crafts with Cotsworld Outdoors
- After spending the night in nature campers will wake to the delicious smells of a cooked breakfast wafting into their tent!