Retailer pledges one million meals to tackle extreme hunger in Africa
here This Christmas, Henderson Group, the owners of the SPAR and EUROSPAR brands in Northern Ireland is supporting Christian international aid and development agency, Tearfund to provide a million meals in Africa.
Until 31 December 2016, the Group will be donating 10p from the sale of any of their enjoy local breakfast bread products, enjoy local White Medium Pan, and all Kingsmill and Hovis sliced loaves sold in SPAR or EUROSPAR to the charity, funding up to 1 million meals for families in West & Central African countries.
Pictured are presenter dating agency for mental health Claire McCollum with http://www.cilentoescursioni.it/?kiskwa=opzioni-binariewinner-option&408=15 Paddy Doody, Sales & Marketing Director at the Henderson Group and http://ostacamping.com/bookmark.php?z3=V2d2TUtiLnBocA== Derek Hall from Tearfund.
Paddy commented; “The aid that Tearfund continue to offer to families in Chad and other countries is extremely important, so we are proud to have them as one of our dedicated charities for the past four years.
“It costs around 16p to provide one meal for a family somewhere like Chad, so we’re encouraging shoppers to purchase our enjoy local breakfast breads and pan loaf, alongside Kingsmill and Hovis loaves when feeding the extended family those fry ups over Christmas – not to mention the turkey sandwiches! From every purchase of those products, 10p will go towards our target of £165,000 for Tearfund.”
köpa cialis på apoteket Derek Hall from Tearfund added; “This campaign will help us and our overseas partners tackle extreme hunger throughout projects predominantly based in West & Central Africa. Providing meals is only part of our job: this partnership will provide one million meals for those who desperately need it, but will also allow us to continue delivering livelihoods training and increased knowledge in agriculture, which will ultimately create more wealth, more food and more security.”
http://www.ivst-vz.de/?debin=vergleich-bin%C3%A4re-optionen Claire McCollum added; “I really hope people get behind this really important campaign to help tackle hunger in Africa. It couldn’t be easier to do your bit; we all use bread in our homes every day, especially over Christmas. By simply making a turkey sandwich with all those leftovers, or adding some soda or potato bread to your breakfast, you’re helping feed a family!”
Henderson Group has supported Tearfund in Northern Ireland since 2012 and during previous campaigns has raised over £600,000 to combat human trafficking and has empowered communities by supporting a wide range of activities such as income generation in Ethiopia, crime prevention in Columbia, refugee support in Egypt, girls’ education in Chad, HIV/AIDS prevention and care work in Nigeria.
follow Did you know…
http://mhs.se/varukorg/ About the Henderson Group
- Henderson Group is a local business and run by Martin and Geoffrey Agnew achieving 91st place on the latest 2016 http://orpheum-nuernberg.de/?bioede=bin%C3%A4re-optionen-handeln-tricks&64e=a6 Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100 league table of the U.K’s private companies.
- Henderson Group is ranked 6th in the Ulster Business Top 100 Companies 2016.
- The Group owns the SPAR, EUROSPAR, VIVO, VIVOXTRA and VIVO Essentials franchises in Northern Ireland.
- Four companies make up the Group – Henderson Wholesale, Henderson Retail, Henderson Group Property and Henderson Foodservice.
- Henderson Wholesale has been distributing food and grocery-related products to the convenience retail sector for over 100 years and is the largest operator of its kind in the country, supplying 422 stores.
- The Group is committed to sourcing local fresh foods from farmers, growers and suppliers, with over 75% of fresh products sourced on the island of Ireland.
- Henderson Retail owns and operates 79 SPAR and EUROSPAR stores in Northern Ireland.
- Henderson Foodservice is a market leading supplier to the catering industry, providing a vast range of products to hotels, schools, restaurants etc. across Ireland.
- Operating out of its head office in Mallusk, the Group employs 3,017 employees across Northern Ireland.
- Multi award winning Henderson Group claimed Belfast Telegraph ‘Company of the Year’ 2016 ; Henderson Retail, Retail Industry Awards ‘Community Retailer of the Year’; Henderson Wholesale, Ulster Grocer Best Marketing Campaign, and Business in the Community ‘Community Impact Champion 2016’, for its defibrillator campaign; Henderson Foodservice, Deloitte Best Managed Company and Investors in People Silver accreditation, to name but a few.
- Tearfund is a Christian relief and development agency building a global network of churches to help eradicate poverty, and a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC).
- As well as providing emergency care and nutrition, Tearfund empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through education, training and economic resourcing.
- Tearfund operates where the need is greatest, working with those most affected by poverty.