Tyrone GAA Handball News 24th Nov 2014: Leagues & Championship Updates
The 2014/2015 TYRONE ATTIC STAIRS GAA Handball 40×20 Leagues and Championships will get underway with the new domestic season in the county from Thursday 4th December 2014.
Following a meeting of the Tyrone GAA Handball Committee, all upcoming events and tournament dates and schedules were discussed with planning now completed for the season ahead – albeit this may be subject to some amendments in January/February 2015 depending on dates released by the Ulster Handball Council and GAA Handball in respect of the 2015 Clár.
First up in the new 40×20 Tyrone club tournament season will be the Tyrone Attic Stairs Adult League competitions. These will be due to get underway on Thursday 4th December 2014 with all grades, entry information and detail below.
The Tyrone Attic Stairs GAA Handball Adult 40×20 Championships will commence with preliminary Round Matches on Saturday 3rd January 2015. The 2015 Adult Championships will again take the format of a Tournament style event. Entry to the Championship is open only to players from Tyrone and again entries must be submitted on the same entry as above. There is no separate entry to the championship – ie – one entry fee of £10 per player will be for entry to both or either events.
- There will now be 8 Divisions in total.
- ENTRY LIST BELOW (this list may be amended prior to final schedules being released.
- Tyrone Adult 40×20 Leagues 2014/2015
Mens Premier League
Mens League Division 1
Mens League Division 2
MensLeague Division 3
MensLeague Division 4
Dark Blue League Division 1
Dark Blue League Division 2
Dark Blue League Division 3
- Tyrone Adult 40×20 Leagues 2014/2015
- In most cases (numbers permitting) each division will be seeded and split into two sections with the top 2 in each Division section then qualifying for the League Semi finals.
- It is planned that all players will play two Adult league matches per week with the League Semi finals and Finals to be played on the same Tournament Finals Weekend on Saturday 10th January 2015.
- Entry Fee for all players to the 40×20 Adult League competitions is £10 per player.
- Entries must be sent as follows: by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook Private Message to Tyrone GAA Handball Facebook Page or to your Club Secretary. All entries must be with Fixtures co-ordinator, Chris Curran, before the closing date of next Tuesday 11th November 2014. Payment must not be submitted with entries – these must be paid to your Club Secretary and Club’s are responsible for submitting final payment at the next Tyrone County Handball Committee Meeting.
- CLOSING DATE for entries for Adult Leagues is Tuesday 11th November 2014.
- CLOSING DATE for entries for Adult 40×20 Championships is Tuesday 2nd December 2014.
- Entry Payment to be submitted by all clubs at next County Board Meeting – TBC.
- Players will only be able to enter one Division in the League.
- The Tyrone GAA Handball Adult Leagues are Open to any player registered with a club under GAA Handball Ireland.
TYRONE JUVENILE Team and Championships for 2015
There will be Juvenile League Trials to determine the Tyrone GAA Handball Juvenile Handball Team for 2015 pre-Christmas. Following the County Committee Meeting the following will be the format:
- All Juvenile Entries must be submitted by Club Secretary to email@example.com or to Fixtures Co-ordinator, Chris Curran, by the Closing Date of Monday 1st December 2014
- There will be Juvenile League Trials in the following grades (subject to entry numbers): Boys Under 12, 13 and Girls Under 12.
- The top 4 players in each grade after playoffs (which could see each grade split into sections if entry numbers are high) will form the County Team for that grade.
- The top four players in each grade will then go into the Tyrone GAA Handball Juvenile A Championship semi finals in that specific grade with the semi finals on Saturday 17th January and Finals Day on Sunday 18th January.
- The Singles Champion in each grade will be the Tyrone Singles representative in that grade (subject to final confirmation by the Tyrone GAA Handball Juvenile Team Manager, Niall Kerr). The runner-up will automatically make the final three and the two A Championship semi final losers will playoff for the final place in the team.
- All players who do not make the final four in the A Championship or who enter the B Singles Championship directly and do not compete in the Tyrone Juvenile Team trials, will begin the Tyrone Juvenile B Singles Championships on Saturday 24th January 2015.
- The Tyrone Juvenile Boys and Girls Under 10 Championships will also commence on Sunday 25th January 2015. Following the County Committee Meeting there will be the following amendments at Under 10 level:
- Boys and Girls Under 10 A Singles and Doubles Championships will be played with the Challenger 2 Ball
- Boys and Girls Under 10 B Singles and Doubles Championships will be played with the Challenger 1 Ball
- The Boys and Girls Under 10 Team 40×20 Blitz event will be played following the county finals weekend.
- Full details of dates and fixtures will be released upon receipt of all entries.
Entry Information and Grades as follows:
Tyrone Adult 40×20 Leagues: Premier League, Division 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dark Blue Ball) & Ladies Premier League and Ladies Division 1.
Tyrone Juvenile Boys Team Trials (League): Boys Under 12, 13
Tyrone Juvenile Girls Team Trials (League): Girls Under 12
Tyrone Adult 40×20 Championships:
- Mens Open Singles & Doubles Championship
- Mens A Singles Championship
- Mens B Singles & Doubles Championship
- Mens C Singles Championship
- Mens Minor Singles & Doubles Championship
- Masters (35+) Singles & Doubles Championship
- Ladies Open Singles & Doubles Championship
- Ladies B Singles & Doubles Championship
Tyrone Juvenile 40×20 Championships:
- Tyrone Juvenile Boys & Girls A Singles Championship: Boys Under 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 – top 4 in semi finals
Tyrone GAA Handball Annual Convention
The Annual Convention of the Tyrone GAA Handball Committee will take place in Beragh Red Knights GAA club on Thursday 8th January 2015 at 8pm. All Clubs will be issued with Report and Nomination forms for the Annual Convention prior to this by Runai, Martin Toner, with those to be returned pre-convention.
The outgoing committee for 2014 of the Tyrone GAA Handball Committee is:
Cathaoirleach: Paul Allison (Carrickmore)
Rúnaí: Martin Toner (Loughmacrory)
Cisteoir: Sean Clarke (Breacach)
PRO: Kenny Curran (Loughmacrory)
Children’s Officer: Paula Clarke (Ceapach)
Fixtures/Tournaments Co-ordinator: Chris Curran (Loughmacrory)
Delegates to Ulster GAA Handball Council: Paul Allison (Carrickmore), Ryan Daly (Carrickmore)
Delegate to Tyrone GAA: Martin Toner (Loughmacrory)
Youth Teams Manager: Niall Kerr (Breacach)
She’s Ace Officer: Paula Clarke (Ceapach)
Committee Delegates: Ciara Fox (Loughmacrory), Kelly Conway (Loughmacrory), Eithne Munroe (Carrickmore), Barney McAleer (Ceapach), Michael Kennedy (Pomeroy), Kevin O’Neill (Pomeroy).